Tuesday, January 25, 2011

day iv

So! After watching the state of the Union and fantasizing about Michelle Obama, my mother calls to rehash it with me (politics is like totally a big deal to us DC people). And so I happened to casually mention the blog and the restorer diet and what do you think she says?
"Oy! Vut do you think Barack Obama vould say about this diet nonsense?" in the most ridiculous Yiddish accent I've ever heard.
Now, just to be clear, my mother does not always speak with a Yiddish accent. In fact, she only does it when:
  • talking about food
  • mimicking other Jews
Yup. That's it. Those are the only two times. Otherwise she speaks like a perfectly normal human being (I mean this in a completely non-racist way, mind you).
To be fair, though, I think she said something along the same lines when I decided to become a vegetarian, and when I got a tattoo for that matter.
The woman sure loves Barack Obama. They have those t-shirts that say O'bama (http://www.ileafobama.com/lib/images/unisex-t.png) and we've spent some great quality time trying to come up with a Jewish version (Obamastein is the odds-on favorite). We're definitely still taking suggestions...
Over and out, Earthlings, over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment